Hello, This is Dave (the Cancer Buddy)
Hoping you are all having a fantastic day !!
Remember to be positive, happy, humble and grateful and enjoy every moment of your life !
Today I want to talk a bit about “Modern Lifestyles”.
We all enjoy the finer things in life especially great meals, eating out with friends, great “braais’s (barbecue’s) and parties, however we seldom stop to think about how out lifestyle choices effect our lives.
Unfortunately what we eat and drink and how we live from day to day has a direct effect on our health and wellness. Often this has an accumulation effect over many years and only rears its ugly head when we are older and need our health and wellness to fully enjoy our lives.
So today I want to start a series covering “Lifestyle Choices” that you may want to think about before it s too late, unlike me that landed up with Stage 4 metastatic cancer.
HOWEVER i just want to mention that by DRASTICALLY changing my “Lifestyle Choices, I am in remission after 12 months, with NO chemo !!
Modern Lifestyle Choices
“The way we live influences the way we die!”
All cancers are caused by the Lifestyle we choose to live, so the choices we make are critical as they actually create our life’s “blue print”.
It’s an undeniable fact that in this modern era every one of us is exposed to a toxic and acidic onslaught every moment of our lives.
Most of us are exposed to toxic air and water pollution, fast fried fatty foods, processed foods, carcinogenic groceries, sugar filled foods and drinks, pesticide poisoned soil, fruit and vegetables; alcohol, smoking, lack of exercise, prescription and recreational drugs; just to name the main culprits.
Preventable Premature Deaths
It’s a proven fact that eight out of every ten adults will die prematurely from a serious chronic lifestyle degenerative disease.
Very few of these diseases were common just a hundred years ago and are unquestionably caused by our modern lifestyles.
The variety of aches, pains, disease and suffering we are experiencing are as plentiful and as diverse as humankind.
Sickness and disease abound and as we all know most of these diseases cause us and our families misery, pain, financial hardships and suffering and in many cases “death”, but sadly most of these deaths could have been prevented.
Did You Know ?
That in the UK somebody dies unnecessarily from a heart disease every three minutes and in the US, 1 adult in every 4 suffers from a heart disease ?
That in the US 1 person dies from cancer every minute (1,500 per day) ?
That in the US 1 person dies from obesity every 2 minutes – all totally preventable.
Add this to the diabetes, Alzheimer’s and other disease death statistics then you realize just how serious the situation is with about 5 people dying every 3 minutes from bad lifestyle choices.
List of Lifestyle Choices
I have identified a list of 22 Lifestyle Choices which are generally responsible for the state of our health and wellbeing for you to look at to assist you to see if you might become one of these statistics if you don’t react before its too late. (like me !)
It is important for you to fully understand the seriousness of assessing the “Lifestyle Choices” you take over the next few years, as they will ultimately dictate your happiness, longevity, health and wellness and quality of life and whether or not you will suffer from aches, pains and chronic diseases or premature death.
It’s YOUR CHOICE but NOW you have the unique opportunity to take control of your own health and wellness destiny.
Here is a summary list of the “Lifestyle Choices”, although not exhaustive, if you are aware of the effect that that these have on your body you can take action over time.
I will be covering each of these in detail over the next few weeks, so if you are interested, pop in regularly.
1. NUTRITION – This is the most critical choice you have to make – what you should be eating to provide our bodies with the essential nutrients it requires to achieve longevity, optimum disease free, health and ultimate wellbeing.
2. Your Own Individual Diet – Compare what you should be eating with what you are eating.
3. Processed Foods – an insight into the poisonous toxins you will encounter.
4. Fast Foods – you will see why fatty, fried foods, trans fats, hydrolysed fats and hydrogenated oils are causing chronic diseases and the obesity epidemic.
5. Refined Carbohydrates – why sugar, flour, cakes, cookies, biscuits, white breads and sweets should be limited.
6. Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners – the deadly duo that are part of the deadly toxins responsible for most chronic diseases, especially Cancer.
7. Soft / Cold Drinks – beware these are liquid poison, this is where sugar and artificial sweeteners perform at their best – or is that at their “worst” ?.
8. Fresh Produce Pollution – find out how the dangerous chemicals in fertilisers and pesticides are contaminating the fresh fruit and vegetables that we eat, contributing to chronic disease and premature death.
9. Groceries – look out for carcinogens and excitotoxins in your groceries and find out on which shelves you will find cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, obesity and more.
10. Water – what you should know about this essential nutrient.
11. Nutritional Supplements and Superfoods – find out why you need supplements and how to decide which nutritional supplements you need.
12. Processed Dairy Products – find out the dangers of milk and processed dairy products and the effects of pus, antibiotics and bovine growth hormones on humans, especially asthma sufferers.
13. Smoking – this ones easy – find out why smoking cuts ten years off your normal lifespan.
14. Alcohol – discovery what’s good and what’s bad.
15. STRESS – this is the second most critical lifestyle choice – stress is the worst possible driver of chronic disease and premature death, especially cancer and heart disease and the most difficult to manage, find out why ?
16. Pollution – it is important for you to fully understand how air, water and environmental pollution affects your health and wellness.
17. Cosmetics and Personal Care products – This is the biggest surprise package – find out why we are all exposed to human carcinogens and reproductive developmental toxins and their nasty long term consequences on a daily basis.
18. Sunscreen and Tanning Lotions – learn to decide etween myths, facts and marketing hype, it could be a lifesaver.
19. Exercise and Sunshine – the easy way to add years onto your lifespan, find out more.
20. Prescription Drugs and Illegal Drugs – you should be aware that prescription drugs caused the deaths of an astounding 783,936 people in the USA.
21. Breathing and Meditation– of course we are all breathing, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this article, BUT most of us are lazy shallow breathers, find out why “deep” breathing is so important for your health and ultimate wellbeing.
22. Meaningful Work, Hobbies and Relaxation – keeping your mind active and practicing body relaxation is critical to achieving optimum health, ultimate wellness and a fulfilled quality of life.
Thanks for popping in, hope to have you back soon to check out how each of the Lifestyle Choices create your life’s “Blue Print” and ultimately your longevity, health and wellness.
I only found out too late, but fortunately have managed to turn my life around from the jaws of death !
Good Luck, with Love and Caring,